Sunday, July 28, 2013

Abandoned Dreams

Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And delight yourself in abundance.
Incline your ear and come to Me.
Listen, that you may live... Isaiah 55:2-3a

One day in the not too distant past, I believe I realized that my aspirations and ambitions had become abandoned dreams. God has brought me to a place (finally) where I have let go of my plans, maps for life and general control and I am willing to, not only accept, but wholeheartedly embrace His will, His plan and His way. Many days it does not come in a way I would expect and often I am looking up expectantly as I step forward with a heart that says, "If You don't go before me, I won't go!"
 
From where I am and standing in that perspective , I'm beginning to see some scary changes coming. I 'm okay with 'scary' as long as it's 'God-kind-of-scary'. If this is where He has for me to go, then I will trust Him absolutely. I will wait on the Lord my God. I will move when He moves and I will choose Him, His way and His word by the power of His Spirit. He promises that obedience and walking in the Spirit are the way to abundant life. That life will  be full of adventures with plenty of opportunity to exercise my faith.
 
His word says to delight myself in the Lord and He will give me the desires of my heart. (Psalm 37:4) My new ambition is to desire what He desires and delight in Him! My dreams, plans and future are renewed in this. What a true delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment