Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Good, Bad and Ugly Last Days...

Good, Bad and Ugly Last Days...

 This year, for me, is full of uncertainty; for our family, for our country and our world. Even a glimpse of current events and the state of our culture would immediately evoke trepidation and fear from even the most faithful. I continue to see things day after day which make me shake my head in disgust and sadness at how far down we have fallen. We are morally bankrupt in our culture. We have made God and anything 'good' politically incorrect and our 'entertainment' is filled with violence and every inkling of right vs. wrong is rapidly sinking into the abyss of relativism.
 
God's word says,
 
"But mark this: there will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power." 2 Tim 3:1-5
 
Wow! Sounds like all that I see around me and on the 350+ channels on our TV everyday.  As I ponder these things, I am reminded that while these may be the 'last days', He who holds them is the First and the Last and holds me as well.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment