Sunday, September 22, 2013

What if God Doesn't Come Through?

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. Psalm 71: 14-15
 
“What if God doesn’t come through?”
I heard those words this weekend from a man whom I have known for some time. He is a pillar of our church, a deacon and an oft vocally passionate expositor of God’s word.  He asked for prayer and said that if God didn’t come through, he was basically sunk. I don’t know the particulars of his circumstance or the thing in which he is waiting for God, but that phrase stuck in my mind. 
We were in a large Bible study class but the words that welled up inside me were these; “there is no such thing as ‘if God doesn’t come through’, He’s the most ‘come-througher’ there is! 
What I wanted so badly to relay to my friend was that even if the outcome of his circumstance isn’t what he wants or he feels like he’s ‘sunk’, God DIDN’T NOT come through.  God ALWAYS comes through.  He never drops us. His plans are sometimes along a route we would never have chosen to take, but He never misses a beat.  He never looks away and then back only to find something neglected.  He is incapable of being incapable.  He is GOD. Nothing could ever cause Him to not come through for His beloved. 
Our unbelief is what says that God didn’t come through. When we don’t trust Him in the direst of situations we close our mind to the fact that nothing comes into our lives that didn’t first pass through His detail-oriented hand.  There is nothing that comes in  or out of our experience here on this earth that He didn’t already weigh as being worthy of our testing. 
Oh, please dearest hear this. God will always come through for you. I heard a song that said, “When I don’t see Your hand, I’ll trust Your heart”. Say to yourself over and over, “God loves me too much to ever let me down, He is Who He says He is. “   Drown out the enemy as he whispers “what if God doesn’t come through?”  
It’s a lie!  It is dark fantasy!  It can’t happen!
Get to know the real God. He’s the One that can be trusted never to let you down. He’ll never, ever leave you. He can be trusted with every single big and little thing we face.  Oh, beloved, there is no such thing as “what if God doesn’t come through?” We never need waste one second of this life pondering such impossibility!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment