Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hanging On...

Every word of God proves true; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
 
While reading in Luke 19:47-48, I was struck by these words-
            Every day he was teaching at the temple. But the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the leaders among the people were trying to kill him. Yet they could not find any way to do it, because all the people hung on his words.
In my mind, the sentence continued, so they hung him on a tree...
 
 
Do I hang on his words? Is every thought brought captive to the Holy Spirit? Is my attitude that of Christ Jesus? Oh, how I long for that to be so!
 
Father, let me hang upon Your every word and if the world shuns me and no one follows, let me stay hanging on to Your word. Permeate my very being with Your word that it might affect every thought, every action, every dream and every path I take. You are worthy and every word you reveal is a cherished treasure; never to be taken lightly. May I ever hang on Your word and may it transform me daily.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment