Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Just The Donkey...


I’m just the donkey. No, I’m not calling myself names or wallowing in self-pity of some sort. Walking through this life, I must think of myself as the young donkey who carried Jesus the day He rode in to the throngs of worshippers. No one was shouting “Hosanna” for the donkey, no one marveled at the little beast's strength or beauty. All they saw was Jesus.  What an honor and privilege to be that colt. Oh, for that to be the distinguishing mark of my life. That I would carry Him so prevalently that no one would notice me at all, only His beauty and glory.
Father, please accept my life as a vehicle to present Your Son to all I come into contact with. I choose to humble myself and give you all of me. I submit my plans, my purpose, my dreams, my relationships, my future, my today and all that I am to the sovereignty of Your will and purpose. No plan of Yours can be thwarted and I want to be in the middle of all that You are doing in and through me. What a joy to be chosen to carry Jesus to the world who is in desperate need of Him.
Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, as it is written: "Do not be afraid, Daughter Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt." John 12:14-15
 



No comments:

Post a Comment